Congratulations to Jan Becker who was recognised in the Australia 2019 Honours List.
Awarded with the Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia.
MEMBER (AM) IN THE GENERAL DIVISION OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA
Mrs Jan Maree BECKER, Yandina Creek QLD 4561
For service to community health through neonatal organisations, and to aviation.
- Founder, Midwife Vision, current.
- Instructor, Neonatal Resuscitation, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, current.
- Clinical Midwife, Amana Hospital, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, current.
- Nurse, Buderim Private Hospital, July 2013.
- Former Nurse, Nelson Polytechnic, Nelson, New Zealand.
- Former Registered Nurse, Renal and Plastic Ward, Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Former Midwife, King George V Hospital/Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
- Former Midwife, Neonatal Intensive Care, John Spence Nursery, King George V Memorial
- Hospital/Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
- Former Midwife, Kimbe Maternity, Papua New Guinea.
- Chair, Cherish Foundation and Deputy Chair, Finance and Audit Committee.
- Board Member and Treasurer, Helicopter Association International, since 2015.
- Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Becker Helicopters, since 1996.
Awards and recognition include:
- Outstanding Alumnus, University of Sunshine Coast, 2017.
- Recipient, Telstra Queensland Business Women’s Owner Award, 2014.
- Recipient, National Telstra Medium Business Awards, 2013.
- Recipient, Queensland Premier’s Innovation Export Award, 2012.