Becker Helicopters uses a fully customised student management system developed in-house, called iCanFly to record, track and report on student progress.
- Trip Sheets
After each and every ﬂight, the instructor completes a trip sheet, recording the details of the ﬂight, duration, syllabus lesson ﬂown, scores the phase competencies, provides feedback to the student, and gives the sortie an overall rating. Students get the opportunity to read their trip sheet, and discuss it with their instructor.
- Weekly Debriefs
Every week, instructors prepare a weekly debrief for each student. The aim of the debrief is to give the student feedback on how they are progressing overall. The debrief covers a student’s progress, weaknesses, strengths and provides some overall guidance. These debriefs are reviewed and signed off by the Head of Training Operations.
As well as every ﬂight, theory days, theory exam results, sick days, weather days, and approved leave are all recorded. This provides an accurate picture of a student’s progress, which can be tracked against the syllabus timeline.
A range of reports can be generated to help keep clients informed on the progress of their students.
- Progress of student groups against the syllabus.
- Weekly and monthly debriefs compiled by student group.
- Theory results by student group.
- Generate a ﬂight log book for each student.
- Print a competency matrix for each phase of training.
- Progress tracking of remedial approvals.
- A Snapshot (dashboard) overview of progress.