AVISS00039 – External Load Pilot Skill Sets
Qualification Skill Set:
AVISS00039 – External Load Pilot Skill Set
Provided by Becker Helicopter Services Pty Ltd – RTO Number 5446 – CRICOS Provider Code 01742J
This Skill Set is part of the AVI Aviation Training Package and targets those pilots who work specifically in the External Load Pilot operational environment.
2 weeks: this comprises 2 teaching weeks and 0 weeks of holidays.
- Entry Requirements
Prior to commencing this course, you need to have:
- Appropriate helicopter pilot qualifications and experience; and
- Pass a Class Two Medical; and
- Demonstrated General English Language Proficiency by having:
– successfully completed a CASA General English Language Proficiency (GELP) Assessment, or
– attained an Aviation English Language Proficiency (AELP) level of ICAO 3 or higher, issued by a CASA approved Language test centre (for ICAO assessment).
- Flight Hours
- 10 aircraft hours
Normally completed in a Bell 206BIII Jet Ranger helicopter, fitted with a cargo hook.
Another aircraft may be used as long as it has an external cargo hook, falls within the Becker Helicopters AOC, and has appropriate insurance coverage.
- Not Applicable.
- Course Outcomes
- AVISS00039 External Load Pilot Skill set Statement of Attainment