Becker Helicopters Pilot Academy is an approved flight training school under CASA, as well as an approved Registered Training Organisation under the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) approved to issue academic qualifications; and authorised to train international students through CRICOS.
CASA Approved Flight Training School
Since 1995, Becker Helicopters has been training Australian and international students and has issued more than 500 private or commercial helicopter licences. According to the testimonials of many of our past students now working around the world, training at “Beckers” is regarded as one of the best starts you will get. Our team of experienced and dedicated instructors can impart real life flying/working experiences in the delivery of your training.
Initial Entry Rotary Wing Flight Training for Military Pilots
Becker Helicopters Pilot Academy has a proven track record as a provider of military style helicopter pilot training. In the last five years, the academy has graduated 225 military aviators, conducting more than 15,000 flight training hours a year, including 5,000 instrument and 1500 NVG hours.
Accreditation, Approvals and Recognition
Becker Helicopters is:
- CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) approved and accredited as a flight training school under CASA
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) which authorises us to issue qualifications under the Australian Qualifications Framework
- Approved through the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to enrol international trainees under Australia’s student visa conditions
- Recognized by Fort Rucker, who accept our military graduates for advanced flight training.
Becker Helicopters can issue both Civil Aviation qualifications, as well as academic qualifications under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- AVI40208 Certificate IV in Aviation (Commercial Pilot Helicopter License) – CRICOS Course Code 070904B
- AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Flight Operations) – CRICOS Course Code 089859B
- AVI00046 – Night Visual Flight Rules (NVFR) Pilot Skill Set
- AVI00045 – Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) Operational Skill Set
- AVI00040 – Formation Flying Pilot Skill Set
Provided by Becker Helicopter Services Pty Ltd – RTO Number 5446 – CRICOS Provider Code 01742J.
Our theory courses are integrated into our flight training. Our training books and materials are developed in house, so that we can tailor them to our training environment and, if required, to specific client requirements. Our training materials have been authored with international students mind, for whom English may not be their first language. The books are written in easy to understand language, illustrated with photos and diagrams to aid understanding.
More than just a Flight School
Becker Helicopters Pilot Academy operates its own maintenance facility, resource and documentation center and internal instructor standardization programs to ensure timely helicopter and resource availability for the training programs is met.
Wonderful experience training with Becker Helicopters… made some great friends… felt well supported by everyone… the quality of camaraderie and equipment was great. Becker Helicopters main strengths are attitude and atmosphere, knowledge, and attention to detail. My training with Becker Helicopters was all I expected and more. A relaxed but professional attitude from Mike and Jan made the training experience enjoyable for students and their families.–Brendon Cleaver (Colorado USA - CPL)
Becker Helicopter Services is Mike and Jans’ life… the business is run to the highest of standards, with that standard not being out of the students reach. The student is considered one of the team and made to feel important. Mikes’ experience is extremely beneficial and shown by the way he teaches, and the facilities are A1. The company ski-boat, volleyball, and BBQs’ are just some of the activities carried out to keep you enthusiastic. Mikes’ book is a tremendous learning tool and his DVDs are thorough. Mike and Jan have a great business due to hard work and effort. I will ensure that if you put in the effort they do, results are not far away or out of your reach. Mike and Jan and the team are extremely friendly and honest. The flying is fantastic and I found the helicopters extremely rewarding. Congratulations to the Becker’s on a successful business.–Ricky Ford (CPL)