Safety is paramount.
Your safety and everybody’s safety is first before training and learning.
Flight Safety Officer
Our Flight Safety Officer, is responsible for co-ordinating the efforts of Safety Education, awareness, reporting and auditing. Safety is everybody’s business and as part of your training we hope to instil into you, as new generation helicopter pilots, that Safety is a big part of your flying career. Accidents, incidents down time and reduced morale, can kill, cost money. The impact is felt in all sectors.
Prevention, detection and awareness
Prevention, detection, awareness and being on the look out for better ways to do things is a vital link to the input, development and integrity of the safety philosophy.
If you see anything you think compromises safety or can be improved on – speak up and fill in the safety forms located in the room.
The purpose of this briefing is to give you a basic understanding of:
- Where the potential dangers exist, and
- How to work around helicopters safely and effectively.
- We don’t want you to get hurt
- We don’t want you to hurt anybody else
- We don’t want aircraft to get damaged
The aim of this document / briefing is to:
- Improve understanding
- Improve communications
- Reduce risk of injury
- Reduce risk of damage
- Become more efficient
- Foster a safety culture
To achieve the highest standards of Flight Safety through:
- proactive teamwork
- open reporting,and
- just culture.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility
- You are not only responsible for your own safety
- You are responsible for the safety of those around you
- If you see something that is un-safe – then Stop – Think – Act
- If you see someone doing something that is un-safe – then Stop – Think – Act
- Slow down
- Stop – Think – Act
- During an emergency/incident – Stay away if you not required