|When you are airside, remember the following safety protocols:
- Always be aware of your surroundings;
- Always wear a High Visibility Clothing / Flight Suit;
- Aircraft always have right of way over vehicles, equipment and pedestrians;
- Foreign Object Debris causes Foreign Object Damage. If you see it – pick it up;
- No person is permitted to allow media personnel airside access at any time;
- No Smoking, Alcohol or any banned substances are permitted to be consumed on airside.
- Never approach a jet aircraft while its engines are operating ;
- Never approach a propeller driven aircraft whilst its engines are operating ;
- Never park or stand within 3 meters of any aircraft unless you are directly involved in the servicing of that aircraft;
- Never park or stand within 15 meters of an aircraft being refuelled;
- No person is permitted within 30 meters of a helicopter or a Helicopter Landing Site (HLS), other than persons essential to the helicopter operation;
- The tanker is not to be positioned under the rotor disk until the blades have stopped turning.
- Refuelling is not to be commenced until the blades have stopped turning.
- If ever there is a need to do a hot refuel, an Instructor must be present.