Immigration and Visas

Immigration and Visas

We are not immigration or visa experts, and can’t provide you with detailed assistance.  There are, however, great sources of information available to you through different websites.

For information, assistance or advice on immigration issues, including family or child visas, working visas, or any other immigration issues, then please refer to the immigration site

This site also includes details of approved immigration agents, who may be able to provide you with more specialist assistance; however, they will usually charge a fee.

If you are considering moving to Australia permanently, you may wish to review The Migration Bureau website –

For more information on studying in Australia visit


Whilst on a study visa you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight subject to your visa conditions.  For more information about visa conditions and exceptions visit

Student (Condition 8105) You cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight* when your course is in session (other than work which has been registered as a part of the course).

Note: No work limits apply during recognised periods of vacation offered by your education provider.

You cannot undertake work until you have commenced your course in Australia.

Member of a Student’s family (Condition 8104) You cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight*

Note: You must not start work until the primary student visa holder has commenced their course.

*A fortnight means any period of 14 days commencing on a Monday and ending at the end of the second following Sunday.


To seek employment on the Sunshine Coast, check out some of the following job sites:

You may also want to register with an employment agency to help find a job.  For a list of agencies visit:


Simply contact us through our website at

We’re happy to help!