Captain Kim Jorgensen – Head of Quality, Safety and Training
Kim Jorgensen joined Becker Helicopter Serves in October 2008. He is responsible for the provision of standardisation monitoring and training for all flight instructors and courses. His responsibilities include the management of:
- Instructor training, development and mentoring.
- Standardisation throughout the company in terms of aviation training as well as continually looking for improvements in training using best practice techniques.
- The conduct of aviation services which include training analysis, design and development of flight training programs.
Skills and Experience
Kim’s leadership and management qualifications and experience were gained in a 27 year Army career. He gained most of his aviation experience in the Australian Defence Forces which he has since converted into civilian qualifications.
Kim served as a line pilot in the Army’s 171st Command and Liaison Squadron, as a Troop Commander in 162nd Reconnaissance Squadron, and as an Instructor Pilot in the 1st/14th Aviation Battalion at Fort Rucker, USA. He also served the Senior Instructor, Officer Commanding, in the Combat Tactical Training Wing of the School of Army Aviation and later became the Commanding Officer/Chief Instructor of the same school. Staff appointments include performance as the Adjutant of the 1st Aviation Regiment, Company Commander at the 1st Recruit Training Battalion, Instructor and Executive Officer at the Canungra Tactical Training School (all Corps) and later performed as the acting Commanding Officer for 12 months. He has also completed appointments as the Staff Officer Grade 1 Assistant Commandant at the Aviation Training Centre and the Staff Officer Grade 1 Capability and Assistant Commander for the Aviation Support Group that became the 16th Aviation Brigade. Kim has also served in aviation specific and All-Corps positions in a number of international roles.
Total hours: 8,500
- Masters of Business Administration (Project Management)
- Graduate Diploma of Management Studies
- Diploma of Personnel and Resource Management
- Advanced Certificate in Training Development
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Commercial Pilot (Helicopter)
- Night and NVG qualified.
- Flight Instructor Grade 1 (Helicopter)
- CASA approved Instrument Instructor (Aeroplane & Helicopter)
- CASA approved Flight Instructor – Multi-Engine (Helicopter)
CASA approved Testing Officer for Helicopter Instructor, Instrument and NVG Ratings