Supporting Local Community
Becker Helicopters has provided career pathway options for many young local people over the past 18 years. Some examples of these are work experience arrangements, aviation cadetships, school holiday employment experience, traineeships, and apprenticeships.
Everyone on the team at Becker Helicopters believe that through employing locally, we make a difference to our community. We really want to give like-minded young people an opportunity to shine, to chase their dreams and do what they love, and to explore a fulfilling career. If they can embark on this here on the Coast, remain close to their families, and complete their full schooling we believe this will give them the best start possible.
Donations and support
Becker Helicopters assists our local community through the regular:
- donation of air transport for important local community events, such as the arrival of Santa by helicopter to local community Christmas celebrations
- donation of learning and training resources to various local schools
- participation by our key staff in career information presentations at local schools
- sponsorship of a wide range of local events
- donations of scenic flights and joy flights to worthy local community fundraisers
- partnerships with event managers of significant local events (i.e. Tough Mudder) with provision of aircraft and crew to raise funds for worthy charities
For more detail on specific donations and support visit our News page or click on the following links:
Backer Helicopters is first to offer its services for flood, fire, storm and other disaster response. We are known for our availability and ability to mobilize aircraft quickly. We are on many local authorities’ “call when needed” lists.
- In the 2011 Queensland Floods, our pilots and aircraft conducted numerous food drops, evacuations, and aerial surveillance operations.
- We have assisted in many local search and rescue operations and it was one of our pilots that identified the De Havilland fixed wing crash site in the Kenilworth area in 2013.
- We are dedicated to bushfire response both locally and interstate and dedicate aircraft and pilots every summer to this very real threat to Australians and their properties.
- We were actively involved in the 2009 oil spill clean up in Moreton Bay.
Causes Close to our Heart
Everyone has a particular cause or foundation that they support over others and it became a very personal battle against cancer when Jan and Mike’s daughter was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer at the age of 14. To see the charities that are close to the Heart of Becker Helicopters, click here.
Scott Summers talks Military Training, ANZAC day and Surf Lifesaving with Noosa Today.
This Weeks 'Noosa Today' features a special guest on it's cover - Becker Helicopter's Head of Training, Captain Sco...
Fly with Mike Becker – Charity Auction.
Becker Helicopters is proud to support RE:NEW and the Australian Himalayan Foundation. The Australian Himalayan Fo...
Cherish – The Battle 2017
Three good reasons we take a stand in the sand for The Battle We usually prefer to soar in blue skies but on 17...