Apply for RPL for CASA Issued Qualifications, Ratings and Endorsements
What is Recognition of Prior Learning?
Recognition of Prior Learning is a way that people can get their existing skills, knowledge and experience formally recognised, without having to attend training or do further study.
Any related formal qualifications that a person holds should be taken into account when they apply for recognition.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit. (AQF, second edition January 2013)
CASA Competency Equivalency
During the developing of the AQF Aviation Training Package (AVI), the AQF qualifications and the associated unit competencies were developed with reference to CASR Part 61 Manual of Standards.
Therefore, there are competency equivalencies between CASA Issued qualifications based and the AQF qualifications.
Therefore, Becker Helicopters is able to apply RPL for recent CASA Issued Qualifications, ratings and endorsements for the issue of AQF Qualifications, units and skill sets.
To apply for RPL for CASA qualifications you hold, please complete the form below.
Once an application has been received, then:
- an invoice for the RPL Fee will be issued,
- the BHS Assessor will check the completeness of the RPL application form, and will request to sight evidence of the CASA qualifications held, which may include reviewing a copy of the applicants logbook, and evidence of recent Proficiency Checks and Flight Reviews,
- upon receipt of payment of the RPL, and subject to the required evidence being sighted and a USI number being held on file, BHS is able to issue the AQF Certificates and/or Statements of Attainment for equivalent qualifications and skill sets.
RPL Assessment Fee
An RPL Assessment fee applies to each application for RPL based on CASA issued qualifications, rating and endorsements.
This fee covers the Assessors time to review and validate each application, the production of the AQF Certificates and documentation, and to maintain RTO compliance reporting obligations as a result of issuing AQF qualifications and documentation.
The following RPL Assessment Fees apply:
|Application Type||RPL Assessment Fee
inclusive of GST
|New Student||AUD $1,750|
|Previous BHS Student||AUD $1,250|
|Current or previous Staff Member||AUD $250|
Important: Issue of AQF Certificates and Documents
The completion of the application form, and payment of the RPL fee does not guarantee the issue of AQF Certificates and documentation.
AQF Certificates and documentation are only issued when:
- The student identify is verified through Proof of Identification (Drivers Licence, Passport or ASIC card)
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is provided, and
- Sufficient recent evidence of CASA issued qualifications, ratings and endorsements is sighted to demonstrate competency against the AQF qualifications and skills sets.
Upon receipt of the completed application form, an invoice is raised. Upon receipt of payment of the RPL Fee, the application form is assessed, and if all is in order, the AQF Certificates and Documentation is issued within 10 working days, and delivery is arranged.
Please complete the Form
Please complete the form below to apply for RPL for CASA issued qualifications, ratings and endorsements.