Central QLD Floods
In late 2010 Central Queensland was inundated with floodwater. Becker Helicopters was tasked to the SES base of operations at Biloela and was utilised in the emergency response to evacuate Theodore.
We flew in emergency personnel to the township including police, town planners, power company staff, and government officials.
We provided helicopter support to the outlying areas with a wide range of tasks, including:
- medivac flights
- dropping supplies such as diesel and food to remote properties
- dropping fodder for stranded livestock
- mail deliveries
Our aircraft and crew were involved in this relief operation for several weeks. Its success was made possible by:
- extensive pilot and crew experience in remote area operations, long lining, and flood relief
- our wide range of mission specific equipment including cargo nets, long lines, cargo baskets
- our open cabin helicopters
- communication with a wide range of emergency stakeholders